Monday, December 3, 2012

THE IMPORTANCE OF AN RSVP

I have been helping host parties, weddings, and showers since my wedding in 2009. If I have learned ONE thing from all of them it's this: PEOPLE HARDLY EVER RSVP ANYMORE!


It drives me BATTY!!! (LOL-INSERT CUTE BAT PICTURE STOLEN FROM GOOGLE IMAGES HERE:)
photo credit thepartyanimal-blog.org
Herein lies the problem: Nobody has any idea how much food, drinks, tableware, thank yous, party favors or seating to have available when nobody RSVPS. I ran into this problem on the major side when I had my wedding. Both my husband and I have been blessed with HUGE families. All very fun, entertaining, loving, and wonderful people. We also are both pretty big social butterflies and have always had a large group of friends. Both of these are usually wonderful characteristics to have. Unless you are needing to feed, seat, and entertain a rather large number of them on your own dime. 
 
I have come to the conclusion that this is not something I can punish people for but I would like to start spreading the word that it is SO MUCH MORE POLITE to rsvp to an event. It literally takes 1 minute to complete and can save the hosts a TON of money, time, and effort to make your attendance at the event more enjoyable.
 
Im curious.... Have any of you had an issue with RSVPs? I would love to hear your stories via comments below so I know I'm not the only one.
 

Follow THIS LINK for tips on how to figure up a relatively close guess on attendance for a wedding event without relying solely on RSVP response.

 

 

4 comments:

  1. I try to be good about RSVPs for my kids, etc. It's usually because my schedule is nuts and I need to check and make sure we CAN do it. Then it just slips my mind. With smaller things, I have simply starting phoning parents to find out. They generally appreciate the call b/c they are as busy as we are. Obviously, you cannot call all 500 guests for a wedding to see who is showing up! But, I am a lot more on top of this than a lot of people I know are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I re-read this after checking your comments and decided I should inform you the main goal of this post was to explain how to guesstimate attendance...although I'm worried it may have ended up sounding more like a rant. Honestly before my wedding I NEVER rsvp'd. but ever since I try to make sure as soon as i get an invite I send it as soon as I can get my hands on a stamp or my cell phone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forget to RSVP to things sometimes, but it's usually events I don't end up going to anyways. Then there's been times where I did RSVP and wasn't able to make it. Definitely felt bad!

    ReplyDelete