Monday, December 3, 2012

Ladies Night In Part One!

So you're a super busy lady who loves to spend time with your family, but wouldn't it be nice to be able to take a night every once in a while to just spend some time with just your girlfriends having a glass of whine and some yummy foods without going through the hassel of finding a babysitter?

You know you want to... but HOW???? It's so much work and so expensive to find a sitter for that long, not to mention getting your friends to be able to find sitters as well. And don't even get me started with the costs of going out and buying a few drinks and a meal!

At the beginning of this last year I felt this exact way and decided to do something about it. I love hosting parties, but as I've noted before I don't usually have the wallet for it, if you know what I mean. So finally I cam up with LADIES NIGHT IN! It's pretty easy and only leaves a small crack in my wallet compared to the canyon a normal night out with the ladies might entail.

So..... I bet the question you're just dying to ask is how much does it cost? Well there are 3 different answers I'm going to give you....

Example 1:

 If for some reason I don't have many people show up and I have to pay for the sitter more than normal I pay the sitter $20, spend $5 on an appetizer and maybe $12 on a CHEAP bottle of wine. Total:$37 Which for me seems like the same amount I would spend to get a sitter, go out for a meal, and some drinks in town.

Example 2:

On a normal Ladies Night In: I make a $5 donation to the sitter since I have 2 kids and the average charge is $2 per kid, I do not end up making an appetizer since we have so many already, and buy a cheap bottle of wine for $12. Total: $17

Example 3:

 On a REALLY packed Ladies Night In (like the one where almost 30 women came and went: I didnt have to make a donation for the sitter because she had already made $50, I didnt have room to make and appetizer or need to put out the bottle of wine I purchased AND got to keep a TON of leftovers because nobody had tupperware to take any home in. So basically I just got alot of free food and good memories for providing a location and the invite! ;)

 Check out my next post for the steps on how I make all this happen, but first here is a map of a location in Topeka where you can host a Ladies Night if you don't have the space to have it at your own house but instead of everyone bringing a $5 appetizer have everyone pitch in $10 toward the catering and drinks. The only downside is that now you still have to find a sitter. Perhaps hire one sitter with donations like before and everyone can carpool together to your destination. I have also hosted a shower and a couple birthday parties at this location:

View My Saved Places in a larger map

3 comments:

  1. These are definitely good ideas! My friends and I always do movie nights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a thought. Trade with husbands. Husbands watch kids for ladies night and their reward is a guys night later. Perhaps another guest will offer up her home for babysitting. Then no kids on site (even better!).

    ReplyDelete